Website Security Information
Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that this website is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- the data you give us will be safe.
- encryption is used to protect your MY-ACCOUNT login.
- your data is stored at a securely in the cloud.
- regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of a disaster.
- all access to the system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
- reCAPTCHA forms are used to deter hackers, synthetic accounts, and fraudulent activity.
Your role in securing information
Technology and computers cannot automatically safeguard information on any public website. You need to protect your own information by setting a strong password and having security features active on your computer.
Protecting your computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources
Protecting your password
To access the cross stitch patterns you have purchased from our website you will need to create an account. After your account is created you will be emailed a system-generated password.
- Immediately change your password and make it as strong as possible.
- Never share your password with anyone. The team at Cross Stitch Patterns Online does not need to ask for your password
- If you think that your user account has been compromised change your password immediately
- Contact us to report any suspicious or unauthorised activity.
Cross Stitch Patterns Online makes every effort to protect the security of communications made through this website (and data store in the cloud), but will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from any breach of a security measure (including viruses or other unauthorised software).